Potential buyers get an impression of your home – either positive or negative – within 30 seconds of walking through the door. Having them see your home in tip-top selling shape is an absolute must.
There are countless ways to put the freshest face on your home, many of them costing little more than a bit of your time. Here are a few pointers for the most significant impact:
Outside: The Power of Curb Appeal
• Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
• Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
• Sweep sidewalks, porch and driveway.
• Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
• Put all toys away.
• Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof shingles.
• Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave your house while it's being shown to potential buyers. Your presence can make them feel anxious and awkward.
Write a letter about your neighborhood that I can share with potential buyers. Include information on local events, neighborhood amenities and other factors that define the community.
Inside: Leave No Trace
Clean everything! Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards – everything.
De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home's appeal.
• Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
• Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish wood floors.
• Add fresh flowers or plants, but don't overdo it.
• Maximize your home's natural light by opening blinds and shades.
• Do a smell check and address any odors.
• Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
I can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of local buyers.
Looking for a pace to get organic, and natural foods? Wilder Thymes is your go-to place! As the only shop in the lakes area to offer such things, this quaint little shop is definitely a place to check out. They offer organic, and local foods, from snacks, spices, cooking ingredients, gluten free, dairy products, and more! Wilder Thymes also has an array of natural cleaning products, and personal care items that are hard to come by. Not only can you buy groceries here, but they also have a deli! Pizzas, wraps, braked goods, soups, and sandwiches are just some of the yummy things you can buy at Wilder Thymes!
The Boonedocks is your one-stop-shop! They have it all. Full selection of beer, wine, grocery items, and of course gasoline. Located right in Arnolds Park!
Start planning now for all of your fall and winter getaways. We are specialists in all inclusives, cruises, family reunions, honeymoons and destination weddings. In specific areas we are specialists in Mexico, Disney, cruises and hotels. You can have confidence is Sunset Travel Agency with over 35 years of experience in the travel industry.