Getting approved for a loan prior to your home search is a smart move that offers several advantages. It gives you a benchmark for how much you can afford, helping you narrow down your home search from the start. It also allows you to be taken more seriously in the bidding stage, which can help tremendously in your negotiations, especially when dealing with distressed properties.
Getting preapproved is simply a matter of your lender checking your financial situation and writing a letter stating that it would be willing to lend you a certain amount of money.
You'll need to assemble several documents to start the preapproval process:
• Federal tax returns for the last two years.
• W2s (or 1099 statements) for the last two years.
• Bank statements for the last two months.
• Recent pay stubs and proof of any other income.
• Proof of assets (stocks, mutual funds).
• Information about your current debts.
• Information about the source of your down payment, including gifts.
Don't open new credit card accounts or take on any new debt for at least six months (and even up to a year) before shopping for a mortgage
Minervas is located in the Arrowwood Resort in Okoboji. Their menu offers a little of everything! From classic pastas and aged steaks to seafood everyone will leave satisfied. They offer a great "Pick Two" option for lunch and the atmosphere is...
Ruthven Meat Locker located downtown Spirit Lake. They offer a wide variety of quality fresh and award-winning smokes retail meats along with seasoning rubs and cheeses. You cant go wrong with the "locker trash" it definitely makes the best boat...