Easily fixed pipes or a few outdated electrical outlets are no reason to back out of a deal. However, other issues that come up during a home inspection should give you pause to think about whether or not to proceed.
Here are some red flags that warrant closer attention.
1. Water intrusion and grading problems Water in the basement, condensation on the walls and mold in the air indicate moisture and drainage problems that could cost a lot of money to fix. These issues often suggest improper grading.
2. Structural damage Cracks in walls, ill-fitting windows and doors, and visibly shifted bricks on the exterior are all signs of structural damage. Your cost to fix these types of problems? Anywhere from $20,000 to $200,000.
3. Roof repairs Old shingles, water stains on the ceiling or rotting rafters are all signs that the roof may need to be replaced. This is another extremely expensive undertaking, so pay close attention during the roof inspection.
4. Window replacement Windows that don't work, fit the frame poorly or show condensation between the panes may need to be replaced. Depending on the number of windows, this could easily run between $5,000 and $8,000.
5. Insect infestation A general inspection should show you whether the home has a pest problem, which may prompt a need for a more detailed report from a specialist. This is a serious issue because some pests can cause structural damage.
RE/MAX Home Inspection Tip: Condo or co-op boards pay for many repairs, but remember that the costs will get passed on to you eventually – so it's good to know the building's overall condition from the start.
Go check out Boji Roots Salon in Milford! Sherri does an amazing job of doing exactly what you ask and is very good at giving you ideas on new trends. The salon it's self to so cute inside! She also offers a great supply of products for you to purchase so you can feel like your at the salon even at home. Sherri is very flexible and also fast! When you are very busy its great knowing you wont be sitting at the salon for hours!
As the only jeweler in the lakes area, you're sure to find everything you need at this established jewelry store. With over 30 years of experience, they have an eye for creating amazing pieces of jewelry. Whether it be an ever special engagement ring, or a beautiful necklace, they have every style imaginable, that is sure to take your breath away.
First Lutheran Church
Three Cross Road- West Okoboji
1525 Three Cross Road
Milford, IA 51351
Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Sunday at 8:30 a.m.- OUTDOOR WORSHIP
and at 9:30 a.m.