Talk to at least one neighbor before you make an offer. Ask what they like best and least about living there. In many cases, it's better to buy the smallest house on the most desirable block than the biggest house on the least desirable one. Buy location over house.
If you're unfamiliar with the area where you’re moving, your agent can be an invaluable resource. He/she can offer insider knowledge on neighborhoods, schools, access to recreation and shopping districts, and the many other details on local neighborhoods and subdivisions.
It’s important to have a clear picture on the features that matter most to you in a home or location. Creating a list of “must haves” and flexible "nice-to-haves" from the start will make things a lot easier for you.
Factors to consider:
1. Size of home – square footage, number of bathrooms, rooms, etc.
2. Home features – updated fixtures/appliances, property size, garage, storage, etc.
3. Location – proximity to schools, open space, entertainment, work, etc.
4. Neighborhood – older or newer homes? Families, retirees or singles?
5. Room to grow – planning to have more children?
6. Condition – move-in ready or a less expensive home in need of improvements?
We'd be happy to offer advice on the countless items you should consider according to your lifestyle, budget and particulars.
Minervas is located in the Arrowwood Resort in Okoboji. Their menu offers a little of everything! From classic pastas and aged steaks to seafood everyone will leave satisfied. They offer a great "Pick Two" option for lunch and the atmosphere is excellent. They also do a pasta night that seems to be a staple in the community. Getting to pick your sauce and everything that goes into your pasta which is then made right in front of you is certainly a treat for the whole family!
Ruthven Meat Locker located downtown Spirit Lake. They offer a wide variety of quality fresh and award-winning smokes retail meats along with seasoning rubs and cheeses. You cant go wrong with the "locker trash" it definitely makes the best boat snack!